Monday, August 9, 2010

West Coast Camping Trip

July 9th-18th
Hey Everyone! I just wanted to update my travel blog with the camping trip I took last month. All involved were me, my Mom and Dad, DeMarco, Grandma, Cristina and Cody. We had a great time. Hope you enjoy!

Monterey, CA
We had a lot of fun walking down Cannery Row and going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Unfortunately, this is my only picture there of Cristina telling me she bought TWO cookies at the Toll House Bakery.
On our way out of Monterey we stopped at this interesting store that sold everything made with garlic...cookies, popcorn, chips, ice-cream and chocolate added to the usual mix of spreads, salts and oils.


17 Mile Drive-a route along the coast from Monterey to Carmel with some great viewing spots.






Lone Cypress-another viewing area along 17 Mile Drive.



A scenic area on the way to our next camping spot.


McKerricher State Park, CA
This wooded campground was only a 5 minute walk to the beach. Here the boys, my Mom and Cristina went on a kayaking trip. Sorry no pics. :(

What's with the face?
Half our crew putting together foil dinners loaded with chicken, carrots, potatoes and lots of buttah!

Yum!
DeMarco keeping an eye on our food.

I think Cody is pretending he is a Flying Nun.


Another scenic area on the way to our next camping spot.



Oregon Baby!

Harris Beach State Park, OR
Another beautiful wooded campground with a walk to the beach in 10 minutes!


Hey Cody!!!

The boys playing around.

I have no idea what this kid is doing.


The Redwoods!
Ok, so we visited this place called Trees of Mystery. A nature attraction with trails within the Redwoods along with information about the trees. Gondola rides to the top were included and very fun.
Paul Bunyan and Babe greeted visitors at the entrance. He talks too!

My camera doesn't give these trees justice. They're GINARMOUS!





Pretty rest area we stopped at on our way back into California. Most days had been overcast and somewhat foggy but that morning the fog was very thick.


Anthony Cabot Regional Park, CA
This campground (no pics, sorry) is outside of Oakland. It was an ideal location to get to/from San Francisco. This was also our last stop before heading home. :(

This picture I took of the city from Oakland Bridge.


Famous Pier 39...Alcatraz looming in the background from the pier.


So creepy. I love it!
On our way to Alcatraz Island!


Cell blocks at the top of island.


DeMarco standing in front of the solitary confinement cells.




I found out later that they offer night tours. I'm putting that on my bucket list!


Overall, had a fabulous time with the fam and loved visiting the beaches and San Francisco. Hope to do it again sometime!

Happy Travels!

6 comments:

barbafamily said...

WOW! What a great trip! Love all the pictures :-) Love ya!

Davis said...

Those pics are amazing!!! You must have loved looking at all that wonderful nature!! I am very jealous of you! You better print me one of those pics!!

Tyler Loves Sophia said...

Echoing Suzette, Those pictures ARE amazing. Looks like fun. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Katie and Howard said...

So cool! Those redwood trees are beautiful!! I am jealous of your trip...how fun!

Solana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Solana said...

I cannot wait to go to Monterey Bay....okay the whole time I was reading the Blog I kept thinking I wonder how bad it would be confined to a car on a road trip after the stop at the Garlic shop. hahaha Awesome job loved those pics thanks for sharing.