Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Year! New Trips!

For one of my goals this new year, I decided to travel each time I had a paid holiday. Some of these trips will be extended so I can make the most of my trip and some will even be taken as dedicated vacation days. But overall, my focus was to travel as much as I can. 
So I will be posting pictures and a small report of my upcoming travels.

For my first big trip of the year I went to Homestead, Florida to visit the Moore Family which I haven't seen since May of last year. I had a great time so enjoy!

Southern Florida 
January 17th-21st

Arrival
I was greeted at the airport by Jacqueline and Andrew since Maya and Ryan were still in school but I got some happy faces when Maya came home. 






Once Ryan returned from school, the kids were eager to show off their new trampoline they got from Santa.
























Miami Zoo
This was a great zoo. The weather was a little chilly but overall a great day to spend outside and watch the animals. 































Biscayne National Park
Biscayne NP is just a ten minute drive from the Moore House. The park is mostly protected waters. It is a beautiful bay area with lush mangrove and calm waters. We took a walk along a boardwalk where many people were fishing and then down a narrow strip of land which had a trail leading to the end. It was a breezy day but the air was nice and cool. Another beautiful day to enjoy.









In the background is Turkey Point Power Plant. This is where Mike works.













Colonial Birds at the end of the trail


Another view of Turkey Point





Everglades National Park
With Mike off this day, we decided to head to the Everglades! Again this ride only took about 15 minutes from the Moore's. Another beautiful cloudy day with some sprinkles. Watch out for gators!























Key Largo
On my last day in Florida, we took a drive south to Key Largo. It is about 30 minutes from Homestead. I originally thought Key Largo to be a beach resort town but it's clearly not. Key Largo is mostly fishing and scuba in the coral reefs. Therefore we only made one stop at a Wild Bird Sanctuary. Here are just acouple of pictures I took.


This guy wouldn't let us pass for a long time.






Overall I had a great time with the Moore's with a good mix of sightseeing and some much needed downtime at the house. The weather and of course the company made this trip a big success!

Next Trip:
Carlsbad over President's Day Weekend

Happy Travels!




















1 comment:

Davis said...

Is it ok to be throwing rocks in "protected" waters? Good one, Moores! Those are awesome pics and it makes me miss those I love so much! Thanks for all the pics Vero!