Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Disneyland!

March12th-15th

Deciding to go to Disneyland on my own was a trip planned just a couple of weeks before going. I wanted to do something fun for spring break as I had 2 days off and I also wanted to experience going on a trip solo. I was nervous about traveling on my own and I figured I was comfortable enough to know my way around Disneyland so it wouldn't be an issue and that I had plenty of family and friends around to help me out if something should happen. After going back and forth on where to stay I decided to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I knew it was not going to be cheap by any means but it was a place I've always wanted to stay at since I was little. I also purchased a 4-Day Park Hopper Ticket via Orbitz which saved me about $25 since the site had a deal that if you purchased a 3-Day PH then you got an extra day free. You are given a link to a voucher which I printed off and presented at the ticket booth. No problems whatsoever so if you are planning on going to Disney in the future check out Orbitz for any deals. 
And so it begins my trip as a solo traveler and the big question...could I still have a fun time at a theme park without any family or friends for company? 

***I'm not that great at taking pictures as I just have a simple point and shoot camera. So you will not find Suzette/Stela high quality here***

Wednesday 
I took a very early flight on Wednesday morning that got me into Orange County airport about 8:45am. I had already made a reservation with Super Shuttle online to get me to the hotel and they were very easy to find outside of the airport. After waiting a few extra minutes, I was driven to the hotel by a very nice driver who told me that her nieces and nephews were visiting from Queen Creek and also going to Disneyland. At the hotel, I was greeted by this familiar couple.


I then entered the expansive lobby to the beautiful Disneyland Hotel.  


 I was greeted by a friendly front desk agent who was all smiles and proceeded to check me in. She gave me a folder full of information and explained this and that which I was only really half-listening to because it was a lot of stuff she was going over. Then she said she would call housekeeping to see if my assigned room was ready. I was already expecting to check in my suitcase with bell services and go to the parks for a few hours until my room was ready but to my surprise my room was ready! Woo hoo! She gave me quick directions explaining that my room was in the Adventure Tower. There are 3 towers consisting of the Disneyland Hotel, the Fantasy Tower where the lobby is, the Adventure Tower and the furthest one is Frontier Tower. 



 Walking out of the back of Fantasy Tower is the pool area and the tower behind it is Frontier Tower. In the second picture you can see the pool and the monorail slide. There are actually 2 monorails slides, one is much longer than the other.

  

Then off to the left is the Adventure Tower.

The lobby to the Adventure Tower was not as big as Fantasy but still offered plenty of space and lots of places to sit and relax. The walls were also decorated in various Adventureland themes. My room was on the 5th floor and considered a "resort" view meaning it overlooked the pool and courtyard area. I also had a lovely view of the roof of the casual dining restaurant called Tangaroa Terrace. Here are some pictures of my room. I did like the huge floor-to-ceiling window. 


It was not a very big room but it was still plenty of room for me. I also requested a king-sized bed instead of 2 queens and was happy to see that they met my request. 
As you can see above the bed there is an elaborate design of the castle. There is a switch on one of the lamps that if you press it, this happens...(you may have to turn up the volume to hear the music)



 After freshening up and settling in, I decided to finally head over to Disneyland and get started on my theme park fun. I walked outside of Adventure tower and across a small street and then I was officially in Downtown Disney. Turning back towards the hotel, this was my view.


Fantasy Tower is the one on the right and Adventure Tower is on the left. 

Excited to finally be at Disneyland I got into the first line of my trip! 


Yeah, not so much fun but line went quickly and I finally had my park ticket in hand. Donald is my favorite classic Disney character. Coincidence? I think not! 


So after getting my ticket I ventured out into the esplanade to see which park I would visit first. It was about 10:15 this time and you can tell from the lines at Disneyland that many people are still heading inside the park. 


And here's the lines for Disney's California Adventure...


Despite the long lines, I headed to Disneyland first and I was inside the park within 5 minutes. 



Sleeping Beauty's Castle


 I love the cherry blossom trees. They added so much color.  


So for my first Fastpass to collect was in Tomorrowland...I had my priorities.


After walking past Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear which had low waits but I wasn't in the mood for them quite yet, I headed over to the Matterhorn. So let me start off by saying that there are some rides that offer a Single Rider Line. There are 3 in Disneyland: Matterhorn, Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain. There are more in California Adventure: Radiator Springs Racers, California Screamin', Grizzly River Rapids, Goofy's Sky School and Soarin'. The SRL was the best thing ever. The current wait for Matterhorn was about 30 minutes...single rider? Less than 1 minute. I took a spin on the bobsleds and told myself never to do that again. It was just too much whiplash and rough bumps for this old lady. 

It was getting close to 11:00 and I was hungry for lunch since I had only snacked for breakfast so I headed over to Main St to try something I heard about over at the Refreshment Corner. 


The Mac and Cheese Hot Dog!


 It was okay. The hot dog was juicy and flavorful and of course a rather large portion. The macaroni and cheese was from Stouffer's. If I had remembered that Disney serves Stouffer's than I probably wouldn't have ordered it. I like Kraft better but it was still pretty good together. The bun was not that great as it got dry and hard fast. I also didn't eat any of the potato chips since the hot dog was filling enough. I saved the chips for a snack later.


And here's the entertainment at Coke Corner. He played some Ragtime music while everyone hung out and ate.

After a nice lunch, I went over to Adventureland and decided to ride Pirates with a posted 10 minute wait and it took exactly that long to get on t he ride. 

For some strange reason, I was placed in the very back row of an empty boat but then a family joined in and there must have been like 12 of them so I did feel a little out of place but the family was very funny and making clever comments throughout the ride without being obnoxious so it was still fun. 

 Then it was on to Critter Country to ride Splash Mountain but I noticed that Winnie the Pooh had only a 5 minute wait and decided to ride. Splash Mountain had about a 45 minute standby wait time posted but single riders go through the exit and then into a separate line. My wait time was about 2 minutes. I was placed in the back of the log with another single rider so luckily I didn't get very wet. I had planned to eventually go on this ride again later in the week but this ended up being the only time I rode.
I returned to Tomorrowland to use my Space Mountain FP and waited about 8 minutes. Space Mountain doesn't have a SRL but at least I didn't have to sit next to someone I didn't know. I found it interesting that California Screamin' has one but not SM. Also...I think the same guy who created the music for the movie The Incredibles did the same music for SM because they sound very familiar. 
After a rocket ride through space, I took the monorail to the Downtown Disney station. The station is actually just a 2 minute walk from the Disneyland Hotel so it was nice to use that mode of transportation. 

Funny story: While on the monorail waiting for it to go, there was a little girl screaming inside our car. She was probably about 3-4 years old and saying over and over "I scared!". The parents kept trying to console her that the ride wasn't scary. When the automatic doors shut, I thought I would lose my hearing as the little girl screamed even louder. Okay, I know it's not really a funny story because the girl really didn't know what the monorail was all about but of all rides to be scared of...the monorail? Yikes, I hope her parents never take her on Pirates or the Haunted Mansion. But the little girl quickly stopped crying after a few seconds once she realized it was all okay. 

Back at the hotel, I went by the sundries store and bought a couple of necessities. 


I'm not a big rice krispie treat fan but for some reason I've always liked the mickey head ones. At least that was in the past, This mickey treat wasn't as good as I remembered.

After a short nap, I decided to go to California Adventure to catch the Pixar Parade. As I was walking through Downtown Disney, security had lined themselves blocking the walkway near the entrance of the World of Disney store and said that because of a security issue, we had to walk through the store and out the other entrance. I saw many people go inside the store and then proceeded to get distracted by all the fun things to buy. Well played Disney...well played. 


Woo Hoo! California Adventure! 

It was about 4:45 so I decided to stake out a spot on the curb and wait it out. There was still some space beside me and a family sat down and I started talking to the mom. She was from St. George and brought her son to Disneyland for the first time. We talked until the parade started and she was very nice and we swapped stories about various rides. Of course I didn't ask but you know when you can just tell that someone is Mormon. That was definitely true about this family. 

Now onto the parade! 







I've always liked this parade and it has a catchy tune. 

Since I was near the area, I decided to ride Soarin'. This is one of my favorite rides. 


There was a 40 minute standby wait time but I used the SRL. I was told they couldn't guarantee a wait time but I waited about 10 minutes. Now the only downside to being single for this ride is that you are often placed at the very end of a row.  Which meant I was placed on the last seat to the far left of the screen. It was still an okay view but not ideal. 

I still had some daylight left so I decided to chance using the SRL for Radiator Springs Racers. The standby wait time was about 100 minutes. I was told the SRL would be about 30 minutes. I waited 40 minutes. Another one of my favorite rides since Cars is my favorite Pixar movie. 

I decided to head back to the hotel as the sun had set and it was getting dark. Downtown Disney was lively with various bands, one was a percussionist playing along with recorded music. He was pretty good. I also saw a Latin band called Alturas. I think it's in our blood but when Latin people start to hear the music, they immediately start dancing. All of the people dancing were Latin. 


Hungry for dinner I decided to try out Tangaroa Terrace which is just outside of my tower. The food was more along the lines with Hawaiian/Asian themed and so I ordered an Asian chicken salad and chocolate cake.


The salad was a bit strange since it didn't have any kind of lettuce. It was mostly cabbage, noodles, peppers and grilled chicken. The dressing was a tasty ginger/sesame vinaigrette.The chocolate cake was beyond delicious. It had a layer of crisp rice and very chocolatey. I ended up only eating about 1/3 of this and snacked on it the next couple of days. 

Then it was bedtime since I was getting up early. 

Thursday
As a benefit for staying at a Disneyland resort hotel, guests can go into the parks an hour early every day that it is offered. This day Disneyland was open an hour early to guests and the people who had purchased a ticket for 3 or more days. I headed out around 7:20 from the hotel. 


 Nice walk through Downtown Disney to the main entrance. 

Bag check had not opened yet so I joined a line that went all the way back to where the trams dropped people off who parked in the parking garage. It wasn't too long though when the line started moving and after getting my backpack checked, I joined another line at the entrance gates about 15 minutes until opening. I talked with a man in front of me who was there with his wife. They were from Oregon and they had Premier passes. He told me that a premier pass is an annual pass to both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World. The pass cost them about $950 each. Talk about some hardcore Disney fans. 

Here are some pictures of a Disney morning.


This was off to the right of the castle. I'm not sure what it is exactly and I never went to find out. If anyone knows, please let me know. It looked like a pretty area. 


 Because Fantasyland rides do not have Fastpass or SRL I decided to go on some childhood favorites. I had not ridden these since I was little. I skipped Peter Pan since it had the longest line and I know that it's dark inside so I wouldn't be able to see anything. 


All of these rides were dark so I didn't get to see very much but what I did see was not that great. I can't believe these are children's rides. Mr. Toad was strange and Pinocchio was just plain freaky with the Pleasure Island scenes. The one that I did like the most was Snow White and I think that is the least favorite in Fantasyland. Also all these rides were walk-ons since mostly everyone was at Peter Pan or Dumbo. 

I then made my way to Tomorrowland. Star Tours anyone? Yes, please. 


I went on Star Tours numerous times and every time it was the same beginning with Darth Vader looking for the rebel spy. Then it went to the Wookie planet. I don't remember the name. Then we went to Naboo which is my least favorite planet to visit. Only 2 other times did I not go to Naboo. 

After Star Tours I went on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. What a fun ride! I didn't so well my first time but my score gradually got better.


It was about this time that the park officially opened so I went back to Star Tours to grab a Fastpass before going into Adventureland. For some reason there are some ride queues that I don't like standing in. One of these is the left side of the line for Pirates (where it follows along a side of the building), the other is Toy Story Mania (that inside room where it's hot and stuffy and loud) and the Jungle Cruise line. The line takes you back and forth and then upstairs where you criss-cross some more and then back downstairs. Ugh! 


So I decided to do Jungle Cruise early so I could avoid that line. I only waited about 10-15 minutes for the ride and sadly is was a disappointment. Of course the actual ride isn't that great. The "skipper" is the one that makes the ride fun with the corny jokes and theatrics. Our skipper wasn't into it. She sounded like she was just rushing through the script and talking so fast I couldn't understand half of what she was saying. Well at least I didn't wait long for it. 

After Jungle Cruise I headed to a relatively new area called Fantasy Faire where one could go meet a few princesses. They also have a small theater where they put on a show. 


 This is a quaint little area with renaissance touches. I checked the line for the princesses but they were already at a 75 minute wait so I skipped it. I did go by a treat cart and bought this...


 This was just okay. It was like a chocolate croissant but dry and flaky. Also since I had chocolate the night before it was overkill. They had another twist that was strawberry and I wish I had ordered that instead. 

I went back into Fantasyland to check out the Storybook Land Boats situation but the line was already long so I went back to Tomorrowland and grabbed a Space Mountain FP. I used my Star Tours FP from earlier, once again going to the same planets as before but this time I was in the very back row. This row is higher off the ground than the others so my feet didn't actually touch the ground. That meant during the ride, my legs were flaying about. 

So then it was back to Fantasy Faire to see a new show. It was a vaudeville type show with two actors (in renaissance garb) singing and narrating the story of Tangled. Rapunzel and Flynn Rider even came out to act out there parts. This show was so much fun. The acting and singing were great and there was also some pop culture references added into it. I planned to attend the afternoon shows which they performed Beauty and the Beast but sadly I never did make it. :(

Since I had some time before my Space Mountain FP kicked in, I decided to go into Star Traders store to scope out something fun for Ryan and Andrew. Jacqueline told me the kids were getting more into Star Wars so I purchased the boys a Rebel Alliance Blaster (which I have yet to ship). Another benefit for staying at DL Hotel was that I could have the package delivered to the hotel so I didn't have to carry it around. I rode Space Mountain again and then took the monorail to Downtown Disney. 

I decided to have lunch at Tangaroa Terrace and ordered a hamburger and fries. I sat outside by the pool area and had lunch in the shade and watched the kids playing around. The hamburger was like any other but the bread was the same of the hot dog bun. I think all the buns are wheat. The bun kept falling apart and became very hard. I went back to my room had a little more chocolate cake and took a nap. I seriously am not that lazy! But the naps kept me going without being tired and allowed me to rest my feet. At about 3:30 I went over to California Adventure. 

I admit I wasn't feeling too great. I still had that fuzzy head feeling but I ignored the signs of playing it safe and decided to ride Symphony Swings on the Paradise Pier. This was only a 10 minute wait and thought it would be fun. Wrong! I got dizzy from the ride and didn't feel much better. And since I was a glutton for punishment I went to ride California Screamin'. I went in the SRL and waited about 10 minutes. After that, I seriously couldn't do another crazy ride. I headed over to Carsland to soak up some atmosphere and check out the SRL for RS Racers. The posted wait time was 65 minutes and so I got in the SRL and was on the ride in about 30 minutes. Those 30 minutes though helped me out in feeling better so I had a really good time on the Racers. Next I went to Soarin' with a 40 minute posted wait but I only waited about 10 minutes in the SRL. I was placed on the end again but this time in the middle section so had a much better view of the screen.

It was getting dark so I grabbed some snacks on my way out. The container has mango slices and the Mickey head is a turtle. 


 The mango slices were delicious and the turtle was quite big so that lasted a couple of days. The white chocolate covered strawberry was not that great. The strawberry had very little flavor. 

Since it was too early for bed I went to the hotel gift shop and bought some cookies for the parents and a co-worker and did some other browsing before calling it a night. 

Friday
 For some reason I thought the early morning hour for California Adventure started at 8:00 but after double checking the schedule, I realized it opened at 7:00.


Very early morning walk through Downtown Disney

I made it into the park around 7:15. 
Unlike Disneyland early morning hour that catered to DL hotels guests and off-site guests, CA's morning hour was just for guests that stayed at the DL hotels. So that meant a lot less people.





I went straight over to Paradise Pier to ride Toy Story Mania. There was just a handful of people in this part of the park. 



 Because there was no line for Toy Story, I went on the ride twice without any wait. 

There was still about 20 minutes left before the general public were allowed in the park so I went over to Carsland to ride RS Racers. 


 

There was a posted wait of 45 minutes but the SRL was opened so I hopped in line and got on the ride with no wait. There was another guy also doing SRL so we talked a little as we both got back in line to do the Racers again. Again no wait but when I got off the second time, it was past 8:00 and the crowds had already took over. 

It was also then I realized that I had forgotten my sunglasses back at the hotel. Instead of wasting valuable early morning park time, I went into the nearest store and bought a new pair telling myself that $25 wasn't really that much money for cheap plastic considering my other ones had a slight scratch on the lens. They didn't even have Mickey heads on them or anything. This is also where I was supposed to stop by Soarin' and ride before going over to Disneyland but I forgot. Bummer. 

Once inside Disneyland, I grabbed a FP for Star Tours and for some strange, unknown, what-the-heck-was-I-thinking moment, I went on Matterhorn. Yes, it was just as bad as the first time. Why can't I just write this stupid ride off? Then back to Star Tours to use my FP. Darth Vader/Wookie Planet/Bounty Hunter/Death Star (yeah! no Naboo!) Then walked over to Adventureland to possibly go on Pirates. But as I walked by Indiana Jones, I noticed it was only a 15 minute standby wait time. 



Now Indiana has a SRL but it goes through the exit and then through some dark rooms and then up an elevator and then down some stairs...no thank you! I do like Indiana Jones a lot but the dark queue makes me nervous. But there was a steady stream of people and I figured if I just keep an close eye on the person in front of me, I would be okay. So I got in the standby line and I made it! There were some tricky parts but within 15 minutes I was on the ride and it was great.

I decided then to walk around New Orleans Square and take some pictures of the hidden areas but most of it was covered for renovations so no pictures but I did run into a princess over by the train station.


Then I went by Frontierland to check out Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This is the closest I got to riding.


The coaster has been in refurbished mode for about 14 months as some special effects were being added. It was originally supposed to open the end of this month but then the date was moved up to officially open on Monday March 17th. Sometimes Disney does a "soft" opening which runs the ride before official time so that meant that the ride was going while I was there....BUT! You had to be an annual pass holder or a DVC member. (DVC is Disney's form of a timeshare). I was seriously considering upgrading my ticket to an annual pass just so I could ride BTMRR because it is my most favorite ride in the park.  But I couldn't justify the cost since I'd have to visit Disneyland about 2 or 3 more times within the year to come out even.
By this time I was tired and decided to grab some lunch in Downtown Disney before going back to the hotel for a nap. I tried out Naples which I heard serves some great pizza. 


 I ordered a strawberry Italian soda which had very little flavoring. You can tell in the picture how light colored it is. I've found that many restaurants are light on the syrup. I think the only one that isn't is Olive Garden and of course when I make my own. Bread and olive oil was served as well. The oil needed some balsamic vinegar. I then ordered a pizza with pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms. I didn't find the toppings all that flavorful but the pizza wasn't salty like others. I only ate half of this and took the rest back to the hotel to eat later that evening.

After my routine rest, I took the Downtown Disney monorail into Disneyland and searched out a spot to wait for the parade. I found a shaded area between Small World and the Storybook Land Boats. It was a strange area that had three steps but it was nice to sit and then later stand on the top step to get a good view of the parade.

While I waited a group of Asian women sat next to me and one of them started talking to me asking me about my day and what I'd done so far. She told me they came from LA to do Disney for the day. She was very nice and even shared some of her chocolate-covered almonds she had.

This parade is called Soundsational and it is so much fun. The best part of the parade is the opening where they have a drum line. Here is a small clip of the opening.



Mickey Mouse was also playing the drums along with the other guys. It was pretty obvious that this "friend" of Mickey wasn't like the typical ones that you see taking pictures with the kiddies.That mouse could play!








 And here's a clip of my other favorite part of the parade...


Donald can dance! 

After the parade I noticed that Storybook Land Boats just opened up (they close the ride during the parades) so I quickly got in line and waited only a few minutes. I really like this ride. I think it's very charming and it's a Disneyland original. 
Then it was time for me to go over to New Orleans Square for dinner where I had a reservation at Cafe Orleans. This was a restaurant I always wanted to eat at since it's right there where all the action is. I was seated promptly and placed a table right along the fence so it was a good place to people watch. Unfortunately the service was below average. I ordered the salmon sandwich and asked for a substitute since it came with sweet potato fries (which I don't care for). The server told me he could do a side salad. I said fine but when my meal came, the side salad was just spring mix, no other veggies. There were peppers and sweet pickles on the side which I didn't eat. But on a good note, the salmon sandwich was incredibly delicious. 


 I'm glad I was finally able to try out the restaurant but the lively atmosphere isn't enough for me to return. It was getting dark by this time so I headed back to the hotel to finish up my half-eaten goodies and then go to bed.

Saturday
So the plan for this day was to get up early for the early morning hour at Disneyland which would begin at 7:00. Do some rides for a couple of hours and return to the hotel for a late breakfast and check out. I would place my luggage with bell services to hold while I returned to California Adventure and then get back to the hotel to meet the shuttle around 5:00 to take me back to the airport. That was the plan. So of course nothing went according to the plan.
I was much too tired to get up early so I decided to sleep in a little since really the only thing I wanted to see at Disneyland was the show Mickey and the Magical Map which wouldn't start until 12:00. I stayed in bed and got a phone call from Jacqueline telling me Maya had broken her arm. So after a quick chat, I got up and packed and then went to the lobby to check out. I gave my luggage to bell services to hold and headed to Disneyland around 10:30.

I got into the park and realized that it waaaaay more crowded than the last few days. It was also getting to be very warm. I went over and grabbed a FP for Star Tours and rode Buzz Lightyear since the line was still relatively short. I then went on Star Tours which was the last ride for my visit and it was the best one since we visited Hoth (my favorite planet) and a new one I haven't been to before, Coruscant (sp?). Loved it. I decided to wait a while to get another FP for Space Mountain so I found a bench and ate some snacks I had brought. When done, I had the wrappers in one hand to throw away and my park ticket to get a FP in my other hand....then proceeded to throw my ticket into the garbage. What the ??? I embarrassingly went to one of the Space Mountain guys and explained that I had trashed my ticket. He was very nice and said it happens all the time. He gave me a substitute ticket to use to attain fastpasses but to get my PH ticket back, I had to go to City Hall (guest relations) in Main St for them to issue me a new one. I wasn't planning on going to California Adventure until later in the afternoon so I got my Space Mountain FP (which ironically I didn't end up using) and went to go get in line for Micky and the Magical Map. I waited about 45 minutes and finally we were allowed into the theater 15 minutes before showtime.

I can't say enough awesome things about this show. It was visually and musically stunning and the acting and dancing were incredible. It also incorporated animation with live acting. I wish it was a longer show than the 25 minutes.



The screen is tiered so a live Mickey interacts with the animation.



I also liked how it featured some less popular characters and princesses. 



The princesses each sang a song from their movie and then at the end blended them all together. Very well done.





Mickey talking to Yensid. 



 The finale with Princess Tiana.


I was hungry for lunch at this time and decided to go to Pizza Port over by Space Mountain because I was craving a salad and knew they had them there. It was about 12:30 so very crowded but I grabbed a chicken Caesar salad, a pudding parfait and vitamin water.


The salad was fine and wasn't overloaded with dressing. The parfait was something I had before when DeMarco and I shared one on a trip a couple of years ago. I ended up only eating about a 1/3 of it since it was very sweet. The depressing thing is that I paid $19.85 for this meal. Talk about Disney taking advantage of a captive audience.

I still had my Space Mountain FP from earlier but after eating lunch I didn't want to chance it so I gave my FP away. by this time it was hot and very crowded so I decided to go to City Hall to get a new ticket and perhaps ride a couple of things in California Adventure. But as I approached CH, there was a line from the entrance all the way to the tunnel beneath the tracks. I certainly didn't want to wait and I was overly tired so I decided my theme park touring was over. 

I spent a couple of hours in Downtown Disney shopping for last minute gifts then went over to the Disneyland Hotel and sat around the lobby getting cooled off and resting until the shuttle arrived to take me back to the airport. 

Overall I had a great time doing this solo Disney trip. I talked with all kinds of people while waiting in line and waiting for the parades. I never really felt lonely or wished someone was with me to share the excitement. Of course I would have had a fun time if I was with someone but going by myself wasn't less fun, it was just different. I would definitely do a solo trip again. 

If there was one thing I would change about any future trips is that I would only the do the parks for 3 days instead of 4. On that last day (Saturday) I was just so tired and the crowds and heat didn't help. The hotel was convenient and added a bit of magic and I look forward to staying there again if I have the extra money.

I'm entertaining the thought of going again in October to see the Halloween decorations and of course ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. 

Happy Travels!


1 comment:

Unknown said...


We've never really done a hands-on of the Deepsea rolex replica before, so in addition to talking about the new D-Blue variant in honor of James Cameron, I'd like to discuss the rolex replica Deepsea a bit in general. It is, in short, one of the more quirky Rolex Oyster Professional watches, but nevertheless highly desirable and lovable. Let's start by talking about the new D-Blue dial itself. As you know, the design of the dial is meant to mimic the rolex replica sale voyage of James Cameron in his Deepsea Challenger submersible mission from 2012 (discussed here). The blue to black gradient of hublot replica uk the dial is meant to resemble ocean water that gets black as you go deeper because sunlight can only penetrate so far. The green color of the "DEEPSEA" label is rolex replica sale the same color as the Deepsea Challenger submersible. James Cameron himself is an avid watch lover and rolex replica uk has been a Rolex guy for a while. His main watch seems to be a Rolex replica watches sale Deepsea.